Being the Talent you are, we know you probably prepared well for your interview. However, some insider tips are always welcome, right? So you are going to ace this interview. In our experience, even the most experienced candidates sometimes make basic mistakes. Therefore we summarize the 5 most common mistakes for you.
- You forgot to read the job description thoroughly.
- You forgot to read the company website.
- You didn't research the LinkedIn profile of your interviewer.
- You rambled on for too long when answering a question.
- You went and bad-mouthed previous employers.
Besides these common mistakes, prepare by asking yourself the following questions.
- Which jobs & experiences from my past can I connect to this job?
- Which books do I like that are about my job discipline?
- Are there any companies I consider to be my role model in the branch?
- Is there a specific teacher, speaker or professional I admire for their vision or accomplishments?
- How do I stay up to date with the latest trends and knowledge?
- What is your professional vision?
- Why do I want to work at this company?
- What are my strengths, weaknesses, successes, failures, important past events in my career, goals for the future and goals for the company?
Next, prepare questions you want to ask your interviewer. In need of some inspiration? Read the examples below.
- How would you describe the company culture?
- What is your favourite part about working here?
- What makes you want to keep working at this company?
- Can you share the organisational structure?
- How would you be measuring success for this specific position?